Here’s a quick overview of Teen Events stats from day 1 (from launch at midday) – visits, registrations, event follows:
- 2,358 visits
- 557 new registered users
- 150 mailer registrations (double opt-in)
- 926 new event follows
- 200 new Twitter followers, passed 14,000
- My technical implementation means I’m not really measuring the ‘right things’, just the obvious and easiest. I can track some interesting top level numbers here but I need to consider some more meaningful metrics e.g. number of people who registered and followed >5 events >3 times in first month. For this type of stat I’m going to need to implement Kiss Metrics or similar software.
- Overall I think the numbers are pretty good.
- Conversion from visits to registration (and event following) is — okay. There is no signposting / copy for unregistered visitors that outlines the benefits and extra functionality on the site for registered users. This is a quick fix that needs to be implemented asap. I can forgive technical limitations in a new product but clear explanations to drive people through the site and encourage ‘correct’ behaviours are quick wins.
- I won’t post these daily, but will put some more notes up in a week or two.
In summary, a good start but I’d consider most of these stats phantom as they don’t deliver the insights that will help me know people are *really* using and understanding my product. More to do.